Lifeguard Certification Course
This certification course gives participants the skills and knowledge needed to be lifeguards in the pool. It offers up-to-date information on how to guard, anticipate and prevent problems and take action to help those in danger. It also covers safety and survival skills every swimmer needs to know, accident prevention, guarding techniques, emergency systems, rescue skills and first aid in aquatic environments.
- Minimum age of 16 years old by the last day of the scheduled course.
- Tread Water for 2 minutes (legs only)
- Swim 100 yards of front crawl
- Swim 50 yards of each:
- Front crawl w/head up
- Breaststroke w/head up
- Elementary backstroke kick
- Perform a feet first surface dive in 8 to 10 feet of water.
- Sprint for a distance of approximately 60 feet in the water, and then perform an arm-over-arm surface dive in 8 to 10 feet of water and pick up an object from the bottom of the pool, surface, tread water for at least 1 minute with legs only, and replace the object back to the bottom of the pool where it was found.
- Immediately begin compression's on an adult manikin for 1 minute or 100 compression's; stand and listen to directions from instructor.
- Demonstrate competency in each critical skill taught in the course; competency is defined as being able to perform each critical skill correctly and without guidance.
- Successfully complete CPR Pro for the Professional Rescuer (including AED), First Aid for the Community, and Emergency Oxygen Administration certifications.
- Successfully complete water tests and all scenarios.
Participating in ALL class, pool, and practice sessions.
Course Dates & Times Vary
Please contact Janessa Russ at email@example.com or 509.884.3113 for current offerings.